Saturday, 14 October 2017
Wednesday, 4 October 2017
BY DONATING ONE MONTH'S 1% DA ARREAR ,THE MEMBERS OF NFPE, HOWRAH DIVISION HAS CREATED A HISTORY. ON THE AUSPICIOUS OCCASION OF OUR GREAT FESTIVAL 'DURGA PUJA' STARTED A NEW PROJECT CALLED " AMADER DURGA"
IN WHICH, DISTRIBUTED ABOUT 304 NEW DRESSES AMONG THE STREET CHILDREN, ORPHANAGE, FLOOD AFFECTED AREA CHILDREN, CHILDREN FROM VERY POOR REMOTE VILLAGES OF MIDNAPORE DISTRICT, EVEN TO THE CHILDREN OF VERY POOR MINORITY VILLAGES TOO.
NOT ONLY THE EMPLOYEES OF HOWRAH DIVISION AND ALSO MANY OTHERS FROM OTHER DIVISIONS HELPED US IN THIS PROJECT.
PPF or public provident fund is one of the most popular small savings schemes. Its popularity is understandable given that PPF enjoys EEE or exempt, exempt, exempt status in terms of income tax implication - contribution, interest and maturity proceeds all are tax free. Interest rate on PPF and other small savings scheme are being reset every quarter from April last year, as compared to the annual mode earlier. The interest rates on PPF and other small savings schemes are linked to yields on government bonds, with a small mark-up.
PPF deposits are eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C. A maximum of Rs. 1.5 lakh can be claimed in one financial year.
Interest rate on PPF and other small savings scheme are being reset every quarter from April last year, as compared to the annual mode earlier.
Here are some other benefits of PPF account:
Loan Against PPF
A PPF account holder can avail of loan facility in the third financial year from the financial year in which the account was opened. The loan can be taken up to 25 per cent of the amount in the account at the end of the second year immediately preceding the year in which the loan is applied for. The rate of interest on the loan shall be at 2 per cent per annum above the PPF interest rate. The loan is repayable in 36 months.
PPF Partial Withdrawal
Partial withdrawal is permissible every year from 7th financial year from the year of opening account, according to India Post's website. The maximum amount is limited to 50 per cent of the balance at the end of the fourth year immediately preceding the year of withdrawal or the amount at the end of the preceding year, whichever is lower.
Premature Closure Of PPF Account
Premature closure is allowed only after the account has completed five financial years and under specific conditions like expenditure towards medical treatment and higher education, according to an amendment in 2016.
PPF Account Extension
The original duration of a PPF account is 15 years. Thereafter, on application by the subscriber, it can be extended for one or more blocks of 5 years each.
PPF Interest Rate Calculation
The interest rate on PPF is compounded annually. Interest is paid on 31st March every year. The interest for the month is calculated on the minimum balance available in the account from 5th of a month to the last date of the month. (With Agency Inputs)
1. Eligible to be promoted to MACP-1 with grade pay Rs.2800/- and MACP-II with grade pay Rs.4200/- and MACP-III with grade pay of Rs.4600/- on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years of service respectively as per Modified Assured Career Progression scheme.
2. Eligible to appear for Postmaster Gr.1 examination on completion of 5 years of service. On passing the above examination they will be appointed as Postmaster (Gr.1) and thereafter will be promoted to the cadre of Postmaster, Gr.II,Gr.III according to eligibility. PM Gr. 1 officials can not appear for Sr. postmaster Examination for the time being. PM Gr.III officials with 2 years service are eligible to be promoted to the post of Sr. postmaster under 25% quota . Depending upon their performance and eligibility , they can be appointed as Chief Postmaster(Gr.A) in metropolitian cities like Mumbai, Calcutta etc.
3. Eligible to be promoted to the Supervisory cadre of LSG (Lower Selection Grade) norm based posts with grade pay of Rs. 2800/- and thereafter to the cadre of HSG-II (Higher Selection Grade) with grade pay of Rs.4200/- and subsequently to the cadre of HSG-I with grade pay of Rs.4600/- respectively on completion of requisite period of satisfactory service.
4. Postal Assistants promoted to the LSG Supervisory cadre on completing 5 years of satisfactory service will be eligible to appear for limited departmental competitive examination for selection as Superintendent Postal Service group B directly and on passing the above examination they could be posted as Head of Postal/RMS Divisions in the cadre of Superintendent and Assistant Director in postal Administrative wings such as Regional, Circle offices and Postal Directorate New Delhi as the case may be.
5. Eligible to appear for Inspector (posts) examination on completion of 5 years of satisfactory service. On passing the above examination they will be appointed as Inspector (Posts) in Postal/RMS Sub Divisions and thereafter will be promoted to the cadre of Asst. Superintendents in Postal Sub Divisions, Divisional/Regional /Circle offices and Postal Directorate,New Delhi and eligible to be promoted as Superintendents in Postal/RMS Divisions and Asst. Directors Regional /Circle offices and Postal Directorate,New Delhi according to eligibility. Inspector (Posts) having 5 years of service can directly appear for Postal Service Group B Examinations. Those who have satisfactory service record in the cadre of Superintendent Postal Service Group B are eligible to be promoted in the cadre of Sr. Superintendent of Post Offices /Asst. Postmaster General (Gr. A) and Director of Postal Services etc. based on their performance.
6. In addition to the above Graduates working as Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (even though not having minimum service) can apply for Combined Graduate level examination being conducted by Staff selection Commission every year depending upon their eligibility and choice can be appointed as Inspector (Posts) under Direct Quota .
7. Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (who are graduates) working in the Department of Posts can appear for Civil Service Examination and are eligible to be appointed as Sr. Superintendent of post Offices directly with promotional prospects to the cadre of Director of Postal Services, Postmaster General , Chief Postmaster General, Member Postal Service Board, and Director General /Secretary Posts based on their performance and eligibility.
8. Another advantage is relaxation of upper age limit for applying for Government recruitment examination for selection to various officer posts under staff selection commission and Union Public Service Commission. For example, though certain upper age limit has been prescribed for appearing for Combined Graduate level Examination for selection to the posts detailed below, RELAXATION IS ADMISSIBLE TO POSTAL ASSISTANTS/SORTING ASSISTANTS AS PER GOVERNMENT ORDERS, AS THEY ARE GOVERNMENT SERVANTS.
Published by http://sapost.blogspot.in/
The NORMAL AGE LIMIT FOR SELECTION AS : Inspector of Income Tax , Inspector (Central Excise)/ Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts-/ Assistant Enforcement Officer /Inspector (CBN) Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs /Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant /Sub-Inspector (CBN) :27 years
Statistical Investigator Gr.II: Not exceeding 26 years
Assistant/Sub Inspector in CBI :27 years
AGE RELAXATION APPLICABLE
For Group “B” posts
Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General/Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service:5 years
Central Govt. Civilian Employees (OBC))
who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application 8 (5 +3)years
Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ST)
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application 10 (5+5) years
For Group “C” posts
Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General/Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application : Upto40 years of age
Central Govt. Civilian Employees(OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application Upto 43 years of age
Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ST)who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application : Upto 45 years of age